The Director IT/Personify reports directly to the COO and is responsible for providing strategic leadership and guidance for planning, implementing and managing the AFP computing environment, including enterprise system operations, technical services and support and network/telecom in compliance with AFP policies, standards and procedures. The Director collaborates with the Senior Leadership Team and other key stakeholders to establish goals and define IT Operations strategy and objectives. Defines and communicates technology and facilities needs, milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to leadership team, and staff.
The Director ensures that the operational efficiency and integrity for all IT infrastructure services are met through established best practices to drive improved efficiency and scalability. The Director will focus on continuous cost reduction to free up operating expense that can be redeployed to strategic investments.
The Director provides formal supervision and coaching for the IT team and sets vision and direction to inspire and drive continuous improvement of IT policies, standards and procedures.
The Director is expected to demonstrate significant depth and breadth of leadership expertise to establish strategic direction and develop strategic relationships as well as significant expertise in IT Operations management and system operations.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Improve systems integration with central association management system;
- Creation of ad-hoc reporting using stored procedure, crystal reports and other business intelligence software;
- Creation and execution of data scripts such as imports in back-end databases;
- Contribute to improving applications with regards to responsive technologies and newer coding frameworks/standards;
- Bug fixes and coding enhancements to existing custom software;
- Respond to staff IT support requests via a ticketing system;
- Manages critical and complex projects from strategic technical and practical, hands on perspective. Acts as a key technical advisor to project teams, providing research and novel approaches through on-going interaction with all staff members;
- Prepares and develops presentations to all levels of management, providing recommendations to the senior management team;
- Cultivates an effective network of internal and external customers, suppliers, technical communities, and consultants;
- Represents the organization to external IT related contacts (vendors, etc.);
- Oversees and directs all Personify integrations with existing and new AFP websites and platforms, including but not limited to all Single Sign On (SSO) requirements, personalization of member and nonmember experiences, eBiz products and services, and forms building/integration;
- Problem solves and provides an effective and responsive customer service model to support all employees (local and remote), customers and members;
- Responsible for support and enhancement of corporate business systems;
- Software development to enhance the core platform leveraging VB, .NET and .NET;
- Implement any needed design, development, or maintenance of the Personify (SQL, NET, Visual Studio); Assist with database and application upgrades and routine maintenance;
- Support the overall development, implementation and use of the Association’s data infrastructure;
- Develop and implement integration between systems;
- Create and modify queries and reports using Crystal Reports, Business Objects or SRSS;
- Assist with user acceptance testing and implementing new database functionality, in Personify or other systems;
- Maintain data integrity;
- Coordinate and facilitate user acceptance testing;
- Conduct system evaluations. Provide recommendations to improve systems by studying current practices and designing modifications;
- Ensure integrity and security related to corporate data, including backup and recovery, and the formulation of disaster recovery plans and periodic testing and verification confirming controls are in place and effective;
- Fosters an environment that embraces change and one that strategically works on identifying and resolving Association issues;
- Benchmark, analyze, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems to improve efficiencies and align with the Association’s strategic direction;
- Make recommendations for the improvement of the facilities procedures and preventative maintenance plans to improve efficiencies and align with the Association’s strategic direction;
- Management of the organization’s telephone system, fax machines, copiers with cost-effective solutions;
- Develop and implement all IT and facilities policies and procedures to mitigate risk, including those for security, disaster recovery and business continuity, standards, purchasing, and service provision;
- Provide direction and communication of effective and efficient procedures to ensure IT and facilities related information explained and known by staff knows;
- Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcing, consultant contracts and service level agreements;
- Identify and implement changes to improve internal customer service;
- Proactively engage in relationship building with internal customers;
- Manages/coordinates 3rd party vendor performance including day-to-day tracking of work order completion and validating invoices, while proactively reducing work order cycle time and continuous quality improvement practices;
- Reduce costs by improving vendor relationships.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Cultivates and maintains a positive working relationship with employees and all service providers;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Patient; works well under stress;
- Professional in demeanor, and written and oral communications;
- Strong ethic of customer service;
- Budget and cost analysis experience.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree required; focus in IT, Computer Science or similar concentration;
- Experience – Requires a minimum of five years of technical experience;
- Expert level knowledge of Personify is required;
- Project management experience;
- Must have experience within Association and/or Societies or other NFP organizations;
- Knowledge of supporting/related applications such as email marketing, Crystal Reports, SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), cVent, etc. preferred;
- Knowledge and experience with C#, .NET and SQL required;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
Experience with the following:
- Personify or other AMS/CRM platform and/or support and administration of core business systems
- SQL Server or other SQL-based RDBMS;
- Proficient in Microsoft Technologies such as .NET;
- HTML, Photoshop and other web technologies;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 or later;
- Must know how to create interfaces with web-based systems that can communicate with non-Microsoft based applications;
- Strong proficiency using a web content management system, social networks, an understanding of HTML, web graphic formats, Microsoft Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange;
- Superior time management and project management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work independently and roll up sleeves with one IT direct report/staff member.
- Proficiency with AMS (specifically Personify), Salesforce Automation (Salesforce.com), ERP or other core back office business systems;
- Database management experience and/or SQL proficiency including creating queries, report writing or Microsoft SRSS;
- Membership, customer or end-user data management skills;
- Results driven ability to work at a fast pace and meet critical deadlines;
- Problem solving and organization ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and find appropriate solutions;
- Project Management ability to manage a critical project from start to finish, including management of vendors and other staff;
- Outstanding customer service skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Beautiful, professional office environment near metro in Ballston;
- Diverse culture;
- Casual business attire;
- Work related assignments on evenings and weekends “as needed”.